Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Look Ma, No Hands!
Because I did something different yesterday, I have lots of Patrick news to relay today. He's discovered all sorts of new talents in the past two days.

1. He has started imitating me even more, especially the tongue trick his Papa was trying to teach him on Saturday. Now when I stick my tongue out at him, he smiles and sticks his back out. It is clearly deliberate. I'm afraid Papa made Patrick develop a fascination for the tongue.

2. At least for today, Patrick decided he could be a happy baby first thing in the morning. He screamed just enough to wake me up to feed him and then smiled at me as soon as he saw me. He usually keeps screaming even throughout the diaper change and all the way until he is eating, but not today. It sure makes for a happier mommy first thing in the morning. :)

3. He has stopped ignoring all toys. He still doesn't play much with them, but he likes having tummy time in his gym more now. He even posed for a bunch of pictures in it the other day, instead of crying the whole time. Here's one of the best.

4. And the new talent we are most excited about: Patrick is sitting up (sort of). Last night he was really fussy for no apparent reason, so we started trying moving him into different positions to get him happier. We set him on the floor leaning over some, and he seemed like he was pretty balanced. So I let go. He stayed there balanced for anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds each time. Eventually he would start to slowly fall to one side, but as soon as he was placed back up, he could stay there again. And the best part? He was happy as long as he was sitting. Of course we got pictures of the milestone. If you look carefully, you can see my hand in the background, clearly not supporting him, but waiting for the second he started to fall over.


Labels: , ,



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's getting so strong. Guess some fussy, insecure days may go along with preparing for those milestones! : )

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is the most talented child I have ever seen. I guess having such inteligent parents make all the difference! He is just a sweetheart, I had a wonderful time just holding him and watchinghim at everything he did. I can hardly wait until next time I see him. Love you all GiGi (other MOM)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

precious pictures Kathy! It's a good thing he's photogenic :)
-- Will's Nana

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter