Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Tuesday, January 24, 2006
21 lives
Nope, we don't have several cats. What has twenty-one lives today is Patrick's apnea monitor. It went off twenty-one times last night...and each time, it was lucky I didn't take it and find a lake to drown it in or back over it with the car. Needless to say, Matt, Patrick, and I didn't sleep terribly well last night. Patrick slept better than we did, but he's still fussier than normal today, suggesting to me that he didn't sleep as well as normal. I woke him up repeatedly in the hopes that it would cause him to breathe more heavily or that readjusting him would make his leads pick up his breathing better. No such luck. If I wasn't so paranoid, I would have just turned off the stupid thing. Instead I just sacrificed my sleep and that of my husband and son. Is that selfish?

The cutest thing happened last night. Patrick was fussy again, which happens often in the evenings. Matt and I tried just about everything to help him, from soothing his sore gums to burping him again. Nothing worked. Finally Matt just held him close to his chest and rocked him back and forth. In no time, Patrick was soundly asleep. Patrick is definitely growing into a daddy's boy. I should probably be jealous, but I love it!

Labels: , ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a rough night! Hope tonight goes better.

What necessary phrase... super, magnificent idea

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter