Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Sunday, January 22, 2006
Disappointed
We were supposed to go to church this morning. After moving this summer, Matt and I never found a church to call home. Then when Patrick came, we spent Sundays driving across town to visit him in the hospital. We weren't allowed to take him places until recently either. So it has been months since we've gone to church (except a few times with my parents in Dallas). I've been missing it a lot more than I thought I would; it's left a void in my life. When we were freed by the doctor earlier this week, we decided it was time to start the church search again.

And then this morning it rained. I woke up to a monster storm. It didn't go away until about the time we were scheduled to leave. If it had been the two of us, Matt and I would probably have braved the storm anyway. We were reluctant to take Patrick out in the nasty weather, though. Instead of being hopeful that it would go away in time and getting ready anyway, we just went back to bed. It's good that we got our sleep, but I'm still disappointed. I was really looking forward to the social interaction and spiritual fulfillment I've been missing. And now it's raining again.

On a different note, Patrick is most definitely teething. I didn't believe it when I wrote it a few days ago, but after doing more reading, I'm convinced that's the problem. It doesn't exactly make the incessant crying easier to tolerate, but at least I have a few ideas on how to help his pain. Most of the ideas don't work for him, though. If any of you know how to soothe a teething baby who is the size of a newborn and can't even hold teething rings to his mouth yet, let me know. I'm getting desperate for ideas! Fortunately it doesn't seem to interfere much with his sleep. Patrick slept right through the loud thunderstorm this morning--and it was right about the time he usually wakes up to eat. He definitely gets that from his daddy!

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't give up on the church thing. It will work out soon, I'm sure. The support group will be great.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter