Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Cries and Laughter
I know I attempted to avoid complaining about my day yesterday, but I'm going to take a few minutes to vent now. Not only did Patrick whine all morning, but he also cried all afternoon and evening. At one point I was so frustrated I called Matt at work to complain. I think even hearing Patrick in the background didn't quite convince him how bad it really was. When he got home and saw Patrick, however, he began to understand my frustration. The screaming was non-stop except when he was sleeping. He even cried or whined through every meal. I was so relieved when Patrick went to bed for the night that for a few minutes I just lay on the floor and revelled in the quiet. What finally relaxed him enough that he could fall asleep was the swing. It had been weeks, possibly months, since Patrick had used it, so just the other day I moved it out of our living room into a lesser used room in the house. Matt and I are guessing Patrick noticed it was gone and missed it, crying until we brought it back out. It was totally worth the hassle.

We still don't know what caused the random fussy day. He had had plenty of sleep and still took longer naps than usual during the day. He wasn't refusing to eat, which might have signalled a tummy problem. His gums were unusually smooth, which indicates it wasn't teething pain. Matt and I did everything in our power to keep him from being bored, so that couldn't have been it. We went through every reason he had ever cried, and none of them could have possibly been the problem yesterday. I guess he just woke up on the wrong side of the bed or something.

Fortunately he is making up for yesterday today. He has been absolutely charming all day. He ate spinach for the first time for lunch and seemed to like it as much as Popeye does. Of course, Matt and I were a little surprised until we remembered he's the baby who forced us to go to Boston Market regularly while I was pregnant so we could get our spinach fix. After lunch, he and I had a laugh session. I had fun playing with him because everything I did was downright hilarious apparently. As frustrating as cry days can be, I think just a few minutes of that laugh can make me forget all about it.
Now you're laughing too, aren't you? See, I told you his laughter was contagious!

Labels: , ,



1 Comments:

Blogger Tonya said...

How cute can he possibly get??? lol Love the blue eyes and the pic did make me laugh :) You are so right.. you can get so frustrated that it is driving you nuts and then all of a sudden it can turn around and you forget all about it.. he is adorable as always.. great pic!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter