Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Saturday, May 06, 2006
My First Mother's Day Present
This has become Patrick's favorite thing to do:
He wants to be standing just about all the time. He can balance standing as well as he can sitting, holding on to us only by the fingers. Sometimes he can stand next to a chair, holding himself up for about five seconds. He will stand on the floor, the chair, or on our laps. It doesn't matter where; he's happy while he's standing. When Patrick stood on Matt's lap like this yesterday, Matt realized just how much Patrick likes to stand--and how tiring it can be for us to hold him like this indefinitely.

So yesterday, Matt got my Mother's Day present a little early:
Now my hands are once again free. I no longer have to hold Patrick in a standing position all day, when he's not sleeping or eating, because he can stand on his own. I can even leave him in here to play independently for a few minutes so that I can get stuff done during the day. This is the Mother's Day present that keeps on giving. Patrick will be more entertained, Matt will come home to a cleaner house because I will have a little more free time to do chores, and I will steal back a few more minutes of free time each day. I'm glad Matt picked up on all those well-placed hints about how much I wanted to get Patrick an Exer-Saucer.

And they say diamonds are a girl's best friend!

Labels: ,



3 Comments:

Blogger Tonya said...

Kathy he looks so adorable standing up there on his daddys legs and you gotta love the exersaucer.. I don't know what I would have done without that and the playpen..lol It wont be long until he is pulling up on everything he can get his hands on.. lol

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He will love his new seat! It looks like there's plenty to keep him busy. What a great way to exercise his legs, too! I know that will help you out a lot.

Blogger Lauren said...

The Excer-saucer is a wonderful thing! He'll love it. You're right, you will be able to get lots done while he is occupied and contained :)

I would also let Will sit in his saucer and watch a Baby Einstein movie (they last about 30 min.) and he would be completely satisfied for at least that long. Plenty of time to get ready, do a load of laundry, whatever! Happy Mother's Day :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter