Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Monday, March 06, 2006
Pouty Lip
I finally got a picture of Patrick doing "pouty lip." He does this when he's unhappy about something but isn't to the point of screaming. This usually means he wants more attention or something else minor. He reserves the crying for real problems or if he continues to not get what he wants. I don't think he likes that it makes us laugh. It's just so funny! Apparently his daddy used to do the same thing when he was little. Could it be genetic?

Again, this morning I woke up to the sounds of Patrick's Gloworm. I like this new habit of him waking up happy and playing quietly until we come rescue him from the crib. I'm a lot happier first thing in the morning when he smiles at me when he first sees me instead of crying. Hmm, I just realized that he hasn't screamed at all today yet. At this rate, today is going to be a really good day.

And I have one more fun Patrick story for today. We've started having problems feeding him when Matt is sitting next to me. The way I hold him, he can see his daddy out of the corners of his eyes when he's eating on one side. His daddy distracts him, and he tries to watch him instead of eating. Sometimes he tries to eat at the same time but is so focused on watching Daddy that he's not paying attention to where his mouth is and ends up sucking at the air instead. It's adorable that he can get so caught up in watching his daddy. He clearly adores Matt. I hope that never changes. It warms my heart so much to see my two boys together that it doesn't bother me that he doesn't look at me the same way. I just want so badly for Patrick and Matt to have a good relationship; I don't care if I have a very different relationship with Patrick.

Labels: , ,



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember well that lip. I think it was just yesterday when he gave us that little look. I can't believe he has a son of his on to pass down the trait. Just wait until he can talk and he says "I did nit do it" so sweet and angelic how could I possibly think he could have??

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I was innocent more often than not. D and C both knew that I could probably get out of punishment anyhow, so they blamed me.
Just look at Patrick's face, knowing that he is my son.... is there any way I could have ever misbehaved.

Blogger Terri said...

Kathy,

Thanks for that picture, it totally cracks me up. I laugh everytime I see it :)

Will's Nana

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter