Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Saturday, March 04, 2006
Fighting Sleep
After a really drowsy day on Thursday, Patrick decided to rebel against sleep yesterday. He woke up much earlier than normal, then refused to fall back asleep. I finally persuaded him to take a good nap in the early afternoon, but that was the last sleep he had the rest of the day. He was definitely ready to sleep when it was bedtime.

His lack of sleep made for frustrating day for me too. The more he fought sleep, the fussier he got. There wasn't a thing I could do to help him relax enough to fall asleep. I wonder if he understand the irony in his actions: he cried because he was tired, and the crying kept him from falling asleep. Once he finally fell asleep in that good afternoon nap, he was in a much better mood for a little while, until he started fighting sleep yet again.

I don't know what the problem is. He's doing the same thing now, crying because he's tired yet refusing to fall asleep. He doesn't seem to be hurting from teething or anything else. He has a nice and full belly. He just dirtied a diaper, so his belly shouldn't hurt from that and his diaper is clean. He doesn't want me to hold him until he gets comfortable, but he doesn't want me to leave him alone. Why can't he just tell me what he wants? I'm tired of guessing!

Now it's time for a better story. Earlier this morning, I was roused from a deep sleep by soft music playing. I felt Matt next to me, so my first instinct that he had gotten up and was watching TV was wrong. It took me a few minutes to figure out what it was I was hearing. It was the sound of lullabies coming from Patrick's monitor. Patrick must have found Gloworm sleeping next to him and decided to wake him up. He rarely plays with Gloworm by himself, so it was a different sound to hear without one of us in the room with him. I guess he just woke up before we did and wasn't hungry yet, so he played contentedly in his crib until we came to get him or he got hungry. That was a first. Usually I wake up to the sounds of screaming, not lullabies. I like this change, although I doubt it will happen again for a long time.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter