Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Other New Talents
I know I've been concentrating on how Patrick has started solids, but he's been developing in other ways as well. He has finally figured out what those things are waving around at the ends of his arms. He moves his hands and arms a lot more deliberately and brings them to his face. Sometimes when he wants something in his mouth and we're not quick with his pacifier or food, he will suck on his fingers or thumb instead. It never lasts long, but it gives us a few more minutes to get that pacifier or food ready. The only problem is when he grabs at his eyes. He did that earlier because he was sleepy, and it made him cry. I think it hurt him some (I still haven't cut his fingernails yet).

He is also talking more. The cutest was last night. I was holding him, and he started to squirm like he was uncomfortable and ready to cry. My reaction was to offer him his pacifier first. He took it, but only the very tip of it was in his mouth. He half-chewed and half-sucked it a few times while saying, "Gi-gi-gi-gi" each time (like "bye-bye" but with a g). Maybe he was asking for his grandma Gigi and just wasn't sure how to pronounce it. :) Either way, he's having fun chattering more.

Patrick really is a good baby, at least until his fangs come out, as Matt said the other day. After he said it, we realized how true the statement was. He's usually a really happy baby until his teeth start hurting him. That means his fangs come out when his teeth do. And two of the three teeth that are threatening to break the gum first are the ones in the fang positions. It may not be the usual order to cut teeth, but then Patrick's not done anything the normal way yet. It's just funny that the old cliche is actually true this time.

One more random side note--It's time that I stopped procrastinating about this. I am in desperate need of a more creative title for the blog. I have real writer's block when it comes time to title things. For that reason, I am opening myself up to all suggestions. Please, please leave me a comment with your idea for a title for the blog. If I pick your suggestion, you will be the lucky winner of...um...the unending satisfaction that you chose the permanent title of my blog (at least as permanent as hair dye :) ).

And here's a picture for your viewing enjoyment.

Labels: , ,



4 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Super cute picture...it looks like his hand is in his pocket!

As for a title, I'll put my thinking cap on. I need a new title for mine too...it's so boring. Maybe we can be creative for each other.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will claws at his eye when he's tired, also. It hurts to watch him do that. His holds his little hand like he would if he were holding a pencil and then claws away; even with cut fingernails it leaves a red mark. Usually if we give him his silky/sleepy blanket he will rub that silky part on his eye and we put him in his crib and he is fast asleep.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't help with a good title but I sure liked your note about Patrick and his "talking" His GiGi does love him very much. That picture is great!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathy, I'm not good at names and don't care what you call it as long as you continue to write. I feel like I am almost there with you and Patrick when I read about you. It is such a good way to keep up with what he is doing. I love the pictures. He is such a pretty baby.
and we love all three of you so much. I need a name other than Granny. Help me.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter